24 February 2010

Blogging from the Nokia N900 with MaStory



I usually use my laptop when I'm blogging but for this post and the one before this I've been experimenting with using MaStory. MaStory has some really great features among them are great integration with Blogger, Wordpress, Livejournal, Drupal, Pixelpipe, Flickr and Picasa. But also support for a lot of HTML code and very advanced posting options. The only thing that I personally miss from MaStory is spell- and grammar-check.
MaStory for me means that I can work on my blog posts whereever I am, and I do not need my laptop for blogging anymore - that's a great freedom.
One problem that I have found though is that when I add pictures straight from MaStory they are way too big for my layout here on blogger.











4 comments:

Zambucco said...

What settings did you use to set up blogger on MaStory?

Account Name: It asks for account name, this seems to be the missing info

Username: I use this to log in to blogger

Password: Same as above

Then

Select Blog:
Get Blogs:

I just keep getting error messages all the time.

I set up a wordpress account no problem

Jesper Blaabjerg Holm said...

To add my account I:
1. I chose "Manage settings"
2. I chose "Accounts"
3. I chose "New"
4. I changed "Blog system" to "Blogger"
5. In the first line I filled in the name of the blog "JBH_DENMARK"
6. In the secound line I filled in my email "jbh.denmark(at)gmail.com"
7. In the third line I filled in the password for my e-mail account.
8. Then I pushed "Get blogs"
9. The I selected the the right blog by pushing "Select blog"
10. Then I pushed "Save"

Hope that helps..

Jesper Blaabjerg Holm

Zambucco said...

Thanks for your help.

But I spent another couple of hours to sort it all out

It was not the name of the blog I should have entered, but the name of my google profile i.e Ernest Zambucco

Now it is all working fine, and MaStory is one hell of a mobile blogging tool, I'm very impressed

Jesper Blaabjerg Holm said...

Happy to hear you made it work.. :-)