07 April 2011

Is the Amazon Appstore driving people to piracy?

Everyday I get news about a new great app being available for free in the Amazon Appstore, this gives me a feeling of being treated unfairly since I'm in a country where I am not allowed to download these apps. Apps like SwiftKey and Wolfram Alpha that I would love to have for free are available to many Android user but not for me. Angry Birds Rio is free without adds before it is released with adds in the Android Market but not for me. This unequal treatment one could speculate would drive some more tech savvy Android user to take matters into their own hands and simply download a pirated version of these apps to counter this. Amazon might have a good reason for not making their Appstore available worldwide from the start but I think it is a shame and might have some unintended consequences.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: