31 January 2010

The N900 as a TV-remote


Yesterday I got my Nokia N900 to work as a TV-remote. For that I needed Irreco to get that I went to http://irreco.garage.maemo.org/ in the MicroB browser on my N900, I clicked on "Download" and then on the "Click to Install" arrow on the grey banner. That opened the the app manager on the N900 and let me install the Irreco.

I have a old Phillips 32" TV so I opened Irreco and in the app menu I chose "Download remote" then "TV" then "Philips" then "22PFL5403D" then "peter.olby", then "2010-01-02 14:43:32" and then "Download". Then Irreco downloaded the remote and the theme and that was it, my N900 is now also my remote.

Thank you to Peter Olby who ever he is for making that remote.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are welcome. Glad to be able to help you out.

Regards,
Peter Olby